Earn the Horsemanship Badges at Heberle Stables
Heberle Stables has developed a program for scouts to earn their Horse Fan and Rider badges.
Our staff will discuss with you and hands on with the horses the requirements for the badge. Safety is a priority here and we will ask you to follow our directions.
Horse Fan Badge
1. On the Trail…….. our facility and what we offer and the charges.
2. Caring for Horses……details on how we do daily care for 50 horses, the monthly and yearly maintenance of the horses.
3. Fashion and Function……see our riders in the Equestrian outfit, horse magazines to look though and take home. Helmets, boots, horse boots are all available to see and touch.
6. Make a Career of Riding…..we will open your eyes to all the careers associated with horses.
7. Ease with Equipment…. Shown the saddle and bridle parts. Hands on with tack.
8. You can look at our book collection; get suggestions on books to read if you already haven't read one!
9. Heberle stables hosts lesson shows you are welcomed to come watch. The dates are posted on our web site.
We will also have you groom a pony/horse and be given a lead ride on one.
$18/child minimum 6 available Saturday afternoon, Tuesday or Thursdays
Horseback Rider Badge
1. Get Ready to Ride….our staff will assist you in saddling and bridling the horse. Lead the horse to the riding ring.
2. Equipment Expert….see the different tack catalogs, clean your bit after your ride.
3. In Good Form….learn how to mount and dismount, stop and turn the horse, walk and trot. A ground person will be there to assist you if needed.
4. Clips, combs….prior to riding you will learn the brushes and clean your horse thoroughly
7. Horse Anatomy…..we will discuss with you major parts of the horse and diseases/prevention.
After this lesson you will be better able to complete the other activities for the horse rider badge.
$32/person, minimum 4, approximately 1.5 hours.